A Deadwood Experience You’ll Never Forget
Walk through one of Deadwood’s houses of prostitution, an industry that operated illegally in the city from 1876 until 1980, when a raid by federal agents finally closed them for good.
Brothels were a fixture on the second story of buildings on Deadwood’s Main Street for more than a century. Local sex workers had an impact on the development of the community in the 19th and 20th centuries.
Visitors will be transported through this 104-year story with a guided tour of the rooms at 610 Main Street, the original site of the Shasta Rooms brothel. The rooms are curated with a variety of period appropriate furnishings.
HOURS & ADMISSIONS
- August through September 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., daily
- October through April To Be Announced
- Last Tour of the Day at 7:00 p.m., daily
- Brothel Tour Admission $15 per person
- Visitors must be at least 16 years old.
610 Main Street
Deadwood, SD 57732
For more information, please visit: https://www.deadwoodbrothel.com/